Black Forest cake is a delicious chocolate sponge cake with a rich juicy cherry filling and topped with chocolate shavings, based on the German delicacy Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte.
Thus, you see there are numerous reasons why individuals experience delicious passion for this flavorful excellence. The melt-in-mouth cake is one of the most popular and preferred cakes at various events all over the world, one can get black forest cake online very easily. What more you could ask? It is excessively simple to bake at home and that is the reason we are here with the best Black Forest cake recipe that you will cherish. With no further ado, we should begin with the cake recipe.
- 2 ⅛ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pitted sour cherries
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees C.
- Grease two 9 inches, round, cake pans, then cover bottoms with butter paper.
- Take a bowl, add flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Then, add eggs, milk, oil, and one tablespoon vanilla and beat it until mixed well.
- After that pour the batter into greased pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Or you can check in between as well as settings of every oven can differ.
- For checking, put a toothpick in the middle and take it out if the stick comes out to be clean, your cake is ready.
- Let both the layers cool for a while after taking it out from the oven.
- Reserve 1/2 cup juice by draining cherries.
- Now, add reserved juice, cherries, 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in a 2-quart saucepan and cook it over low heat until thickens, keep stirring it.
- Then add 1 teaspoon vanilla and stir again. Now, let it cool.
- Now for making the frosting, combine whipping cream and confectioner’s sugar in a chilled medium bowl.
- Beat the combined items with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Now it’s time to assemble our delicious cake.
- With a long knife, cut each cake layer horizontally in half.
- Now, shred one split layer into crumbs and set them aside.
- Save 1 1/2 cups of frosting for decorating the cake.
- Now comes the real deal, place one cake layer on a cake plate and spread 1 cup frosting over it. Then, top with 3/4 cup cherry topping.
- Then place another layer over it and repeat the process. Top it with the third layer.
- Now, frost the sides of the cake and pat them with the crumps.
- And at the end top the cake with frosting as you like.
So, try this simple yet delicious cake recipe and enjoy with your near and dear ones. If you are not good with baking then you can simply order black forest cake and enjoy the delicacy. Happy Baking!!!